Tuesday 7 May 2024

Gaslands - Part 1

I have a number of interests aside from making terrain for Necromunda and model trains.  One of those interests is the Gaslands game.  It's a vehicular combat game similar in style to the Mad Max and Deathrace movies, and it makes use of die cast cars like Hot Wheels and such.

There is an old Games Workshop game called Dark Future which had a similar premise.  The biggest difference is that Dark Future made use of cardstock highway tiles and all the action took place on the roadway with markings to indicate lanes, while Gaslands makes use of templates and can easily go off-road.

Here is a pic of an early test game I did to learn the rules.  I made use of some Dark Future road and obstacle tiles as well as a couple of the plastic interceptors.  The hazard-striped tiles represent the gates that the racers have to go through.  As you can see, some of the race is on the highway and some is off-road.  Silk decided that the race also needed a large furry obstacle. 

Here we have a humvee firing a variety of weapons at a monster truck.  Each roll of 4+ on a D6 results in a hit.  Yeah...

 

Here are a couple of the movement templates.  Usually you don't want to roll a Slide result, but sometimes it's exactly what you need.

Here are a couple of rusted-up cars.  I had attempted to strip all the paint off, but was only partially successful.  So I simply painted the bare metal parts.




Of course, me being me, I can't just repaint a few vehicles.  I have to modify some as well.


Some vehicles get holes drilled for magnets.  A bit of a messy process.


Some vehicles get extra armour and gubbins added.



And some get a bit of battle damage.  This part is very messy.






Next up, some painted vehicles.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment