Saturday 16 November 2019

The Thugs: the beginning

     In May of 2011, some friends informed me that they had some kittens that needed to be adopted.  They lived in an old farmhouse outside of Ottawa and already had seven cats when someone abandoned a pregnant cat on their driveway.  They were willing to keep her, but eight cats was their limit.

     I went out to visit and of the six kittens, two continually played around me.  I had been chosen.  I had to wait a couple more weeks for them to be old enough to leave their mother, but I soon became dad to two tiny, adorable beasties.

     This is Silk.  Look at those ears.


     This is Velvet.  Her fur is soooo soft.


     Silk started practicing his mind-control powers right from the get-go.  He's very good.

     Toe beans!

     I could barely handle the cuteness.

     I like that Silk's whiskers are white and Velvet's are black.

     You can see that Velvet actually has the same markings as Silk, but as she got older her fur darkened up and the markings aren't visible anymore.

     I had no idea the impact that these two would have on my life, but it became apparent very quickly that I was their minion.


1 comment:

  1. Total cuteness!! Love the pics as well as captions/story ��

    ReplyDelete